old glutton

11.17.2007

Frankenfowl

Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. I usually don't like turkey and casseroles gross me out. I always find myself eating 4 bread rolls and a slice of pie, turning away grandma's famed onion and grey green bean conglom. Last year I read about two Thanksgiving foods that take it to the next level of gross for me: the turducken and the chuckney.

From Wikipedia:
Turducken: partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken

Chuckney: turkey stuffed with a chicken which is then stuffed with a duckling



Now that's Foul.

Update:
*12/18/07: Anne Petch has created a 48 bird frankenfowl.
*02/10/08: Another frankenmeat, the bacon pig, is a pork hot dog encased in ground pork, wrapped it in bacon, and formed into the likeness of a pig.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home