old glutton

1.04.2008

Rolodex, Updated


This post from at speak up reminded me that I recently tried to purchase a classic wheel rolodex wide enough to tape business cards into. After searching in all the logical places—Office Depot, Target, the Internet, etc.—I finally asked a sales person at Staples and she looked at me like I had two heads and tried to tell me the many benefits of owning a crackberry. She even showed me a business card scanner marketed to older people who are in transition from analog to digital. Maybe I am old fashioned, or maybe it is the print designer in me, but I prefer a physical way of archiving tactile business cards. I set my search aside and a few months later I stumbled upon this lovely rolodex from Pottery Barn. I am strongly thinking about purchasing it, but wondering if I should just get with the times.

Update:
*01/17/08: another stylish rolodex by Russell and Hazel.
*01/31/09: The lovely pottery barn rolodex is no more. I opted to scan all the cards in to my digital address book, but I still keep a physical copy in a binder with business card sleeves.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Justin(Pusha) said...

This is A great design. I have told myself I would use a rolodex but it never happens. I think things have just gone totally digital now. I have a Business card book in Alphabetical order. It's fun to look at sometimes but I rarely use it.
P.S. Don't you just love the customer service at those type of stores. GRRR Frustrating!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Old Glutton said...

I plan on buying it. Maybe I will ask for it for my birthday. When I get it, I will post about the quality.

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never would have thought I wanted a rolodex, even though I used to collect business cards. That one is so nice looking, I'd love to use it as a 3-d scrapbook...ticket stubs and memorabilia bits separated by vacation!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Old Glutton said...

nice idea. thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home