old glutton

4.17.2008

Why Old Glutton?



I get a lot of questions about the name of this blog.

Old Glutton came about in one of my classes at Art Center. It was the name I coined for a hypothetical used cookbook store. The pig with an apple in its mouth was chosen as a gluttonous icon. A year after graduating, I wanted to start a blog at the intersection of food and graphic design and realized the identity was perfect for the content I wanted to feature and the products I eventually wanted to offer. And so here we are.

The above cheese grater is part of the student project. I have one of these in my apartment, printed large (36" wide), in a dark wood antiqued frame. I cannot wait to have a big kitchen someday to put it in. If you like it, you can purchase a print of it here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home