old glutton

5.13.2008

Frank Chimero: Inspirational Design Posters









I love the sentiment of these inspirational design posters from artist Frank Chimero. (Flickr, Blog: By So and So, Design/Illustration)

Remember! Looking at Design is Not Making Design

Good Design is All About Making Other Designers Feel Like Idiots Because that Idea Wasn't Theirs

Life is Fun if You Want It

Simplicity Requires Courage

I also love this manifesto he has on his portfolio site:
Nothing is a mistake. There's no win and no fail. There's only make.
—Sister Corita Kent

Lately, I think I need to be doing more making. I have tons of ideas that I never finish (for my blog, design, photography, products). Of course, I do make all day at work, but at home I spend a lot of time thinking and looking.

Frank is thinking about making a calendar of these that will be released towards the end of the year. Prints may also be available at that time. Stay tuned! I will keep you posted.

Update:
*08/22/08: Frank is now selling prints in his online shop.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home