old glutton

11.09.2008

Roundup: Laptop Cases and Laptop Sleeves

I tend to hang on to stuff longer than most consumers. I used my last laptop for almost 5 years, so protecting my new investment is important to me.


After a lot of research, I splurged and bought myself a handmade gray felt laptop sleeve (and a matching ipod sleeve) from Hard Graft (formerly Working Class Heroes). The craftsmanship is superb and the sleeve fits perfectly in my messenger bag. I even use it as a protection mat beneath my laptop when in use.

Below are some other laptop sleeves (mostly for apple laptops) I came across in my search for laptop protection.


{above, clockwise from top left: About Attitude Laptop Bags ($30.00 USD, available in 3 colors), Violet May Snakeskin Leather Laptop Bag with Vibrant Satin Lining ($970 USD), Nanda Laptop Cozys in Stella and Persida ($36 USD), Grand Canary Majorca Lap Top Zip Portfolio ($145 USD), Knomo Slim Bag ($49-59 USD, available in 4 colors), Dual Alba Laptop Case ($115.75 USD), Velvet Idole Fortuny (79.00 €)}


{above, clockwise from top left: Plastica 17" (98.00 USD, available in 4 colors), Huzzk Sleeves (£29.95), Malcolm Fontier The Interpreter (215.00 USD, available in 3 colors), Built Cargo Laptop Sleeve ($32.89 USD, available in 3 colors), Fox Messenger Bag ($330.00 USD, available in 2 colors ), Be.ez LEvertigo ($64.99 USD), Malcolm Fontier The Director (250.00 USD, available in 3 colors), AXIO Forza Hardpack ($125 USD, available in 2 colors)}


{above, clockwise from top left: Juicy Couture Laptop Case ($95.00 USD), Brenthaven Eclipse Sleeves (£30), jtote Maeve ($230 USD), Cote et Ciel Le Gant in Saffron and Grape Green (30.00 EUR, lots of colors available), Comfort Station FSC Certified Oak and Eco Leather Laptop Bag (prince unknown), Betsey Johnson Heart-Studded "Betseyville" Laptop Tote ($35 USD, available in 4 colors)}


{above, clockwise from top left: Redmaloo Sleeve with Integrated Mousepad (89,00 EUR, available in 6 colors), Sumo Nylon Corduroy Sleeves ($34.99 USD, available in 4 colors), Recycled Movie Billboard Laptop Messenger Bag ($118 USD, each bag is one-of-a-kind), 25togo 'my document' laptop case at designboom ($42–$52 USD), StuffitBag in Bubble Watermelom ($25 CAD, available in several colors/patterns)
Knomo Toyah in Taupe ($149 USD, available in 4 colors), rPET Voltaic Generator Laptop Charging Solar Bag ($599 USD), Case-Mate The Suit ($84.99 USD, available in 3 colors), Shoreline act2 GreenSmart Laptop Jackets Made from Recycled PET Water Bottles ($34.99 USD), Nanda Lapsac in Stella Magenta ($68 USD)}

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Wish I knew about all the beautiful laptop cases before I got a boring black Incase neoprene one....At any rate, I enjoy the links you find! If you want to play TAG,feel free to browse on by to my blog.

Shiho

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Betsy said...

What a beautiful collection of laptop bags!!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Bory said...

Thanks for posting! I've also been looking for a nice looking laptop bag and it hasn't been easy, these are great!!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Old Glutton said...

Thanks, Bory.

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Nolwandle said...

Wow this is beauty at its best. Bought one of these babys, cant wait to have another 4 that will match my walldrope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home