Friday Flickr Favorites: Road Trip
Today I am driving up the California Coast to relax and take some Holga photography. In the spirit of my adventure, here are some road trip photos.
From left to right:
1. Brave New World by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com).
2. Soarele, nu mai vad nimic by Oana Buliga.
3. Bend but do not break by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com).
4. Away by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com).
5. driving home by quemas.
6. Pastoral by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com.
7. Edge of Drive In by Jason Ramsay.
8. Post by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com).
9. Over the Moon by Linda Plaisted (flickr, manymuses.com.
10. Mercury by annabelletexter, anntexter.com.
11. saltair drive by a m e l i a.
12. Rosedale Valley by Jason Ramsay.
13. A Little Trip To Heaven by SMacshot (flickr, etsy shop).
14. the field oh the mysterious field by -katarína-. Contact her through flickr for prints.
15. road to fossil point by Shiyavanthi Johnpillai.
16. Kristina in the green hills one by drewdevereaux.
*06/30/08: Here are some photos from my day trip. Stay tuned. More photos will be posted throughout the week.
*06/30/08: Photojojo just published their "Ultimate Guide to Road Trip Photography." We must have been on the save wavelength.
*08/14/08: GOOD maps out history's greatest journeys, from Magellan to Kerouac.
Rod Hunting: Dingbat Fonts
Daniel Edlen: Record Portraits
Daniel Edlen creates portraits of musicians on their original vinyl records. The hand painted originals are framed in a black shiny aluminum LP frame with the sleeve placed behind the painted record. The one-of-a-kind pieces are available directly from Daniel for around $175 USD plus shipping. Many of the pieces have been sold, but Daniel also takes commissions.
Provided that he can find the record for you with (currently) a one month lead time and payment up front, he can easily set up a "Buy it Now" button for you.
Featured above (left to right):
You can see videos of his process on his You Tube channel here and his blog here.
Ice Cream Lamp
All I Want to Be
All I want to be is someone who makes new things and thinks about them.
Haiku by John Maeda. Sign/Photo by Public Design Center (flickr). Clifton Burt has this to say about the piece:
...John Maeda wrote that haiku one day back in the spring of 2007. It was just a quick post he made but it really stuck with me. It seemed to pop into my mind a lot. Then, in the spring of 2008, we pulled the remnants of an old arrow sign from a dumpster. A haiku is about the most that could fit on there, so we set out to make that one happen. We were missing quite a few of the letters we needed. A friend told us that a out that a lady in town who sells vintage clothing from a dilapidated old building had boxes of those letters stashed away deep in her den of crazy. We went there to buy them and she was intent on not selling too many G's or N's or M's or I's. She's like that. I talked her into selling us all of the letters we needed...