old glutton

4.11.2009

Modern Wine Cork Display



For years, we have collected the corks from the wines we have consumed and put them in a brown paper bag. I recently decided to take them out of the closet and put them on display in two glass hurricanes. I feel so Martha Stewart! And, yes, we are total winos.

I must confess. This was not entirely my idea. I saw something similar in a pottery barn catalog a few years back. They had wrapped strings with tags marking each year.

Here are the good, bad, and ugly DIY wine cork projects that I have stumbled upon:
*Coasters and Trivets Galore
*Serving Trays
*Placecard Holders.
*Champagne Cork Placecard Holders.
*Bulletin Board Kit
*Corkxedo/Cork Tuxedo (cheesy)
*bowling ball (or decorations for your home)
*Floor Mat
*Oversized Wine Glass Cork Holder
*Pin Cushion
*Chair Slipcover (horrendous)
*Chairs (yikes!)
*Wreath (fuddy dutty)

Enjoy!

Update: Wine corks can also be recycled here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Another great idea I just found is cork buttons.
http://www.theknittingphysicist.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-search.cgi?search=cork&IncludeBlogs=1

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Old Glutton said...

Thank you for the link. Cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home